Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Alex's Birthday


This past Friday night was my friend Alex’s birthday. At 12:01 AM. on Friday morning, my friends and I carried Alex up to Miller Fountain and following the birthday tradition, threw him in the fountain. That night for his birthday, we went out to eat at a restaurant in the Quarry called Stoneworks. Alex likes dressing up in really nice clothes so in honor of his birthday, the men donned their best ties and the ladies, their best dress. I don’t think I have ever dressed up that nicely for a friend’s birthday in my life. The moment we stepped in the restaurant, our plans seemed to deteriorate. First of all, we called and made a reservation ahead of time. We had a large group and the restaurant staff assured us that not only could we get a table but that we could eat in a private room. Not only did this not happen, but our group had to sit outside in the cold. Not only did we have to sit outside, we had to do so without any heaters which the staff repeatedly assured us were coming. We ate our food despite the cold and left the restaurant where we then headed to a frozen yogurt place on Broadway. We made our way back to campus were we watched T.V. and talked for a couple of hours before calling it a night. I believe Alex had a great birthday. It was nice to go out and celebrate his birthday with all my other friends. It was a good night where I believe that we all became closer friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment