Tuesday, March 23, 2010


This past week was spring break and everyone went home to their families. So this entry is going to be about the interesting things that I saw on my drive to Dallas. The first thing I saw was a biker gang called the “Desperados” who were featured on the History Channel show “Gangland” because of their criminal activity in and around San Antonio. It just so happened that I was watching the particular episode of Gangland before I left for Dallas. I only saw the end of the episode but the show talked about how the leader of the gang ordered a member to kill someone and so that member stabbed the guy fifteen times. Let’s just say that when I saw them on the side of the road, I hit the gas pedal like there was no tomorrow. The second interesting thing I saw was an Amish family driving their horse drawn carriage on the access road. There was mother, father, and two kids making their way to were ever they were going. The third interesting thing I saw were trucks delivering the blades for the giant windmill that generate wind energy. Those blades were about fifty yards long. The last interesting, but sad, thing that I saw was the aftermath of a man hit and killed by a car on the freeway. Apparently, he was at a restaurant where he did something he shouldn’t have and the police were called. He then jumped in his car and got on the highway during rush-hour. The then proceeded to jump out of his car and run on the highway. He was then hit and killed by another car. This incident shut down the entire highway going southbound and one lane going northbound. Lucky for me I hit the traffic caused by this incident and let’s just say I got really familiar with that part of town because of the non-moving traffic. This was my drive to Dallas. It was not fun and I wasn’t in a good mood when I got home but I made it safe and sound.

Subscribe to my Podcast (iTunes)
Subscribe to my Podcast (RSS)

Discover Simple, Private Sharing at Drop.io

No comments:

Post a Comment